Get Help Paying for Things
SACA can often help pay for things like rent, utilities (PGE, NW Natural, City of Silverton), medical/dental costs, propane, gas, and bus tickets. We provide financial assistance to people who meet the income guidelines and live in (or have children currently enrolled in) the Silver Falls School District (which includes Silverton and parts of other surrounding areas, including Scotts Mills, Mt. Angel, Salem, and more). Sometimes we can help pay for other things, too—just ask if you need help with something else.
You can get help paying for things if everything below is true:
- You live within or have children currently enrolled in the Silver Falls School District. Schools in the Silver Falls School District include:
- Bethany Charter School
- Butte Creek Elementary School
- Central Howell Elementary School
- The Community Roots School
- Evergreen Elementary School
- Mark Twain Elementary School
- Pratum Elementary School
- Robert Frost Elementary School
- Scotts Mills Elementary School
- Sequoia Falls Academy
- Silver Crest Elementary School
- Silverton High School
- Silverton Middle School
- Victor Point Elementary School
- Your total household income is at or below the SACA income guideline for the number of people in your household (see chart on the right) -- total household income is the amount of money everyone who lives with you gets each month (or each year)
- We still have money left in our financial help budget
2023 SACA Income Guidelines for Help Paying for Things
|Household Size||Income (Monthly)||Income (Annual)|
*For more than 8 people, contact us to discuss income guidelines.
Where and when to find us
421 S Water St
Silverton, OR 97381
Come see us in the community center building
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday,
and Sunday: CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do?
- Fill out the form to ask for financial help -- you can do this in our office or you can download the form by clicking the button below and fill it out at home. You can also complete the form on your computer and email it to email@example.com. See additional information below the button.
- On the form, you will need to tell us:
- What kind of help you need
- Why you need help
- How much help you need
- What your household income is (total amount of money everyone in your household gets) -- bring proof of income (pay stubs, etc.) to SACA if you have it
- What your monthly costs are (how much you spend on things each month)
- How you plan to pay for things next month
- Bring paperwork (or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org) showing how much you need to pay for whatever you are asking us to help you pay (example: PGE bill or rental agreement)
- Fill out the Release of Information form(s) to let us talk to the people or company you need to pay
What should I expect?
When you come to SACA to ask for help paying for things, please check in with the staff person or volunteer at the desk.
If you already have a Link2Feed card, please have that ready to help with check in. If you do not have a Link2Feed card, you may need to be added to the Link2Feed database.
At check in, the staff person or volunteer will give you a Financial Assistance Application, including the Monthly Household Income and Budget Worksheets and a Release of Information. After filling out the paperwork, you will meet with SACA staff, who will coordinate with you to determine if SACA will be able to help cover costs.
Do I need to bring anything?
Yes, please bring proof of income for the last 2 months if you have it and a copy of your bill(s), rental agreement, and any other document that shows information related to the help you need. If you already have a Link2Feed card, please bring that also.
Other Agencies That Offer Help
Community Action (MWVCAA)
Northwest Human Services: Health Care
Marion County Housing Authority