Get Help Paying for Things

Attention Renters!

The Oregon eviction moratorium ended on June 30, 2021! This means you must pay your July rent to avoid eviction. If you don't think you'll be able to afford July's rent, apply for the Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program (OERAP) at Don't wait to apply - this process can take a bit. Apply ASAP!

To qualify:

1) You must be a renter behind on rent payments.

2) Someone in your household can show that COVID-19 directly or indirectly affected your ability to pay rent or utilties.

3) Your income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI). (For reference, our income chart below is close to their income chart. If your income qualifies you for help from SACA to pay for things, you qualify for OERAP.)

For more information about qualifying for OERAP and additional specific details for qualifying, visit

If you need help paying for things other than rent (or if you do not qualify for OERAP because of something other than income), please contact us or see information below.

Need help?

SACA can often help pay for things like rent, utilities (PGE, NW Natural, City of Silverton), prescriptions, propane, gas, and bus tickets. We may be able to help people who meet the income guidelines and live in or have children currently enrolled in the Silver Falls School District (which includes Silverton and parts of other surrounding areas, including Scotts Mills, Mt. Angel, Salem, and more). Sometimes we can help pay for other things, too—just ask if you need help with something else.

Who can get help at SACA?

You can get help paying for things if everything below is true:

  • You live within or have children currently enrolled in the Silver Falls School District 
  • Your total household income is at or below the SACA income guideline for the number of people in your household (see chart on the right). Total household income is the amount of money everyone who lives with you gets each month (or each year).
  • We have not already given you the maximum amount of help we can give each household this year
  • We still have money left in our financial help budget

2021 SACA Income Guidelines for Help Paying for Things

Household Size Income (Monthly) Income (Annual)
1 $3,296 $39,550
2 $3,767 $45,200
3 $4,238 $50,850
4 $4,708 $56,500
5 $5,088 $61,050
6 $5,463 $65,550
7 $5,842 $70,100
8* $6,217 $74,600

How do I get help paying for things?

  • Fill out the form to ask for financial help -- you can do this in our office or you can download the form by clicking the button below and fill it out at home. See additional information below the button.
Download form
  • On the form, you will need to tell us:
    • What kind of help you need
    • Why you need help
    • How much help you need
    • What your household income is (total amount of money everyone in your household gets) -- bring proof of income (pay stubs, etc.) to SACA if you have it
    • What your monthly costs are (how much you spend on things each month) 
    • How you plan to pay for things next month
  • Bring paperwork showing how much you need to pay for whatever you are asking us to help you pay (example:  PGE bill or rental agreement)
  • Fill out the Release of Information form(s) to let us talk to the people or company you need to pay 



What should I expect?

When you come to SACA to ask for help paying for things, please check in with the staff person or volunteer at the table under the tent in the parking lot.

If you already have a Link2Feed card, please have that ready to help with check in. If you do not have a Link2Feed card, you may need to be added to the Link2Feed database.

At check in, the staff person or volunteer will give you a Financial Assistance Application, including the Monthly Household Income and Budget Worksheets and a Release of Information. After filling out the paperwork, you will meet with the Client Services Specialist, who will coordinate with you to determine if SACA will be able to help cover costs.


Do I need to bring anything?

Yes, please bring proof of income for the last 2 months if you have it and a copy of your bill(s), rental agreement, and any other document that shows information related to the help you need. If you already have a Link2Feed card, please bring that also.

Where to find us

421 S Water St
Silverton, OR 97381

(We are located in the basement of the Community Center building)

Monday & Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm

Tuesday: 4:00pm-7:00pm

Wednesday, Friday, Saturday,
and Sunday:

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)                        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

                            Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

                            1400 Independence Avenue, SW

                            Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)                        fax (202) 690-7442; or

(3)                        email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Legal Authorities - Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and all requirements imposed by the regulations of the Department of Agriculture (7CFR Part 15), Department of Justice (28CFR Parts 42 and 50), and FNS instructions, directives, or regulations.

Other Agencies That Offer Help