Where are you located?
- We are located at 421 S Water St., Silverton. We are in the basement of the Community Center Building. Enter through the lower door (down the ramp) at the front of the building.
What are your hours?
- SACA is open Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri from 9am-Noon; and Tuesday evenings 5pm to 7pm.
- The following holidays are observed: New Year’s Day – January 1st, MLK Day-January 20th, Presidents Day-February 17th, Memorial Day – May 26th, Independence Day – July 4th, Labor Day -September 1st, Veteran’s Day – November 11th, Thanksgiving and Friday after – November 27th and 28th, Christmas Holidays – December 25th & 26th.
Where does the food come from?
- Our primary source of food is from local individuals, churches, and businesses (This makes up 70% of our food).
- We are a member of Marion- Polk Food Share, through which we access foods donated by larger corporations, manufacturers, and regional food drives (This makes up 30% of our food).
How is SACA funded?
- SACA is community funded through local businesses, individuals, fundraisers, churches, clubs, and foundations.
How old do you have to be to volunteer?
- 13 yrs old unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Do I receive training as a volunteer?
- Yes, you will begin with an orientation, which takes about two hours. The orientation includes a tour of our facility, watching a food handling video, civil rights training, signing a confidentiality agreement and receiving a volunteer manual. Once the orientation is complete, you will job shadow other volunteers. We offer training throughout the year.
How often can I get food?
Who can receive food?
- You must live within the Silver Falls School District and evidence of residency is required.
- The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
I have a donation, how can I get it to you?
- You are welcome to bring your donation to SACA 9am-Noon M-F; and Tuesday evenings 5pm to 7pm. Donations can also be left in our dropbox at the back door.
- Monetary donations can be mailed to: SACA, PO Box 1305, Silverton OR 97381
Can I get a tax receipt for a donation?
- Yes! Please request a receipt when food is brought in. If you make a financial contribution it will be entered into our Quick Books and a tax receipt will be sent by January 31st.
How much food will I receive?
- SACA seeks to provide families with enough food for 5-7 days (this is dependent on day-to-day food supply and availability.)
Do I receive a food box?
- No, you will walk through the food pantry and make food choices with a volunteer.
How much food was donated in 2016?