Need Food? We are here to help!

Who can receive food?: Residents of the Silver Falls School District who fall within our financial guidelines.

How often can I get food?: Once a week.

Where do I get food?: 421 S. Water St., Silverton (We are in the basement of the Community Center. Use the ramp at the front of the building to go down to the lower door.)

When: Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday – 9am to Noon; and Tuesday and Thursday evening 6pm to 8pm.

Questions: Call 503-873-3446

We provide services for our community’s vulnerable populations, such as children living in poverty, seniors and the disabled on fixed incomes, and families experiencing a crisis. Silverton Area Community Aid is a non-profit agency.  We provide this service for people and families that meet the financial requirements for assistance and who are residents of the Silver Falls School District.

Need additional assistance?

In addition to food, we offer Emergency Financial Assistance, Gas Vouchers, and Prescription Assistance (no pain killers). Our funds come from donations, fundraising and a few grants, however, funds are limited. We do have the right to refuse financial assistance if the requirements are not met and/or clients have met the household cap. If you are in need of help please keep reading…

To qualify for Gas Vouchers:

  • Meet the financial requirements.
  • Live in Silverton or within the boundaries of the Silver Falls School District.
  • Have a medical appointment scheduled. All appointments will be verified. The gas voucher will be given on the day of the appointment or the day before.

To be considered for Financial Assistance, we ask the following:

  • Live in Silverton or within the boundaries of the Silver Falls School District.
  • Be on a Time Payment Agreement (PGE and NW Natural). We do not pay deposits.
  • Have a Shut Off Notice or an Eviction Notice for financial assistance. We do not pay late fees.
  • A 48 or 72 hour Eviction Notice is required for rent assistance. A phone call will be made to the landlord confirming all tenant information.
  • Complete a Client Application and Emergency Questionnaire. You must bring in proof of income for the whole household and proof of residency if you are a new client.
  • Come in during our regular hours of operation. Approval for financial assistance is not given over the phone.

*Unfortunately, we cannot help with phone, internet, garbage service, doctor/dentist bills or car payments.