FOOD AND ASSISTANCE
Need Food? We are here to help!
Who can receive food?: Residents of the Silver Falls School District who fall within our financial guidelines.
How often can I get food?: Once a month.
Where do I get food?: 421 S. Water St., Silverton (We are in the basement of the Community Center. Use the ramp at the front of the building to go down to the lower door.)
When: Mon, Tues, Wed and Friday – 9am to Noon; and Tuesday evening 5pm to 7pm.
Questions: Call 503-873-3446
We provide services for our community’s vulnerable populations, such as children living in poverty, seniors and the disabled on fixed incomes, and families experiencing a crisis. Silverton Area community Aid is a non-profit agency. We provide this service for people and families that meet the financial requirements for assistance and who are residents of the Silver Falls School District.
Need additional assistance?
In addition to food, we offer Emergency Financial Assistance, Gas Vouchers, and Prescription Assistance (no pain killers). Our funds come from donations, fundraising and a few grants, however, funds are limited. We do have the right to refuse financial assistance if the requirements are not met and clients have met the household cap. If you are in need of help please keep reading…
To qualify for Gas Vouchers we ask that you have:
- Medical Appointment
- All appointments will be verified. Gas voucher will be given on the day of the appointment or the day before.
To be considered for Financial Assistance, we ask the following:
- You must live in Silverton or within the boundaries of the Silver Falls School District.
- You must be on a Time Payment Agreement (PGE and NW Natural). We do not pay deposits.
- You must have a Shut Off Notice or an Eviction Notice for financial assistance. We do not pay late fees.
- A 48 or 72 hour Eviction Notice is required for rent assistance. A phone call will be made to landlord confirming all tenant information.
- You must complete a Client Application and Emergency Questionnaire. You must bring in proof of income for the whole household and proof of residency if you are a new client.
- You must come in during our regular hours of operation. We will not approve of any financial assistance over the phone.
*If you need wood for the winter months, please call because we have our own resource. Unfortunately, we cannot help with phone, internet, garbage service, doctor/dentist bills or car payments.